Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday I lost my brother....

On Sept. 27, 2009, Al lost a battle that he felt he could never win. He left behind so many lives and hearts that he has touched throughout his life and he leaves us all with the one question, WHY. I fear we will never know but I do know this; there is nothing more anyone could have done for my brother. His family gave him all the love and support and beyond. His friends were his family too. I can only empathize with the immense pain he must have endured.

I know you can all identify with the fact that no matter how much time you may have spent away from my brother, spending time with Al was like you never spent a moment apart. He had the wonderful gift of humor, love and compassion. He would do anything within and beyond his power to help someone out. I can’t tell you how many tires, paint jobs and sparkplugs Al has donated to his little sister’s poor driving fund and I’m sure everyone who knew Al has similar stories. Al always had a “guy” that would take care of “it,” and is one of the reasons why he built so many strong relationships over the years; he took care of people. I would love to make this entry mushier but I know he is already rolling his eyes at me and muttering sarcastic jokes at my writing attempt. And you know what, mushy is what the “cabrone” gets because we all LOVE and MISS him so much.

Our family is overwhelmed with the love and support that has been shown in such a short amount of time. We are still very much in the grieving process but we will be updating this blog site as services, information and classic Al tales unfold.

Much love,
Annika
annikatm@hotmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Dan and I are very sorry for the loss of your loved one, we loved him too. We are always here for you guys and will do anything to help you throug this process. Al was a great guy who got stuck in a sad mind set. We pray for him and anyone who cared for him to have some kind of peace and understanding. love always, The Moore Family (Dan, Jenny and Kids)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annika ~

    You and your family are in my thoughts.

    Much love to you all.

    ~Page Scarpine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,Jake and Kyle,
    Words cannot express my sorrow,the only other time in my life I felt this numbing sensation was when my mother and mother in law passed.Please know I will miss Al. May God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annika,
    Words cannot express the saddness and loss that we all feel. My heart aches for you. I feel very blesssed to have known Al for almost 30 years. When I first met Al in 1st grade in West Covina we instantly became friends. He was very outgoing and fun to be around. As we both matured I began to relize how great of a friend he really was, he was a true friend. I could always count on Al for anything. He invited me everywhere he went Glamis,The River,Laughlin,Vegas,Mammoth and always made sure I was having a good time. Thats just the person he was. Always giving and asking for nothing in return. Al was like a brother to me. Al will be deeply missed but I will never forget him. There will always be a place in my heart for him and his family.You are all in my prayers and I am here for you forever,whenever,whatever.
    Love, Rob

    ReplyDelete